What to Do
Medical malpractice can have a devastating impact on a person and a family. Not every bad outcome is a result of medical malpractice and in some cases it can be hard to tell if medical malpractice occurred. Many people wonder: have I been the victim of medical malpractice?
If you think you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice, we strongly recommend that you consult with a medical malpractice attorney experienced with winning medical malpractice cases. Our medical malpractice attorneys can help you determine whether you’ve been a victim of malpractice, and, if you have, will do all they can to get you justice and compensation.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a doctor or health care professional fails to provide a standard of care to a patient. Medical malpractice may occur:
- Due to a failure to diagnosis a patient’s condition. We have won cases where doctors failed to run a basic test or misread test results, which delayed a diagnosis or treatment.
- During an operation when a doctor makes an unacceptable error. A doctor may operate on the wrong body part or perform the procedure incorrectly.
- Due to procedural errors in a hospital or nursing home.
- Due to a failure to monitor a patient in a hospital or a nursing home.
Additionally, medical malpractice can happen:
- After an operation due to a post-operative infection or medical error.
- Due to a wrong prescription.
- At birth and leave a patient with devastating results. As parents, mistreatment of children holds a special meaning for us.
Our medical malpractice attorneys want to help you. We can put your mind at ease. We can answer your questions. If we identify a case of medical malpractice, we will work to hold the person responsible accountable for their actions.