Bus Accident Cases in NY
A bus accident can be a frightening experience. Consider some of the cases in which we have helped people recently:
- A bus rolls through a red light and knocks down an elderly woman as she crosses the street badly injuring her.
- A woman boards a bus and before she can secure herself, the bus driver pulls out and the woman falls, breaking her leg.
- A woman sits on a bus and the driver moves a seat to accommodate a handicap rider, but hits her in the head injuring her neck.
Suffering an injury in a bus accident can be very upsetting. To make matters worse, after the accident, because most buses belong to municipal agencies, collecting on a claim can be very difficult. We have handled many bus cases against many differing bus companies and have good experience protecting client rights, making sure that clients receive their No-Fault benefits and maximizing the compensation they receive. Our lead attorney, Carol Schlitt, is well known for her success with cases against bus companies.
We have demonstrated success winning large settlements and verdicts against bus companies. Experience and training has given us specific knowledge about the processes and people working within bus companies. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a bus accident, you may have many questions.
- How will you pay for medical bills?
- Can you receive compensation for your injuries?
- Do you qualify for No-Fault insurance?
- How can you make sure you are treated fairly and that the bus company does not take advantage of you?
We can put your mind at ease. We are dedicated to helping our clients so that we take the worry off your shoulders. We can help you apply for No-Fault insurance and help you receive the benefits due to you. We will protect your rights and work to ensure that you receive the most compensation possible.
Call us for a free consultation: 1-800-660-1466. We will do our best to help you.
We have extensive experience working with bus cases in New York City and on Long Island. Victims of bus crashes from throughout the New York metropolitan area have trusted us with their cases. Among our more recent cases, we have helped:
- A woman knocked down by a New York Transit bus in upper Manhattan
- A Bronx woman injured by an MTA bus driver moving a seat on a bus
- A Nassau County woman who broke her keg when a driver pulled out before she had a chance to sit down
- A Brooklyn woman injured when a Transit Authority bus stopped short, knocking her down
- A Queens woman injured when the driver of her private commuter bus stopped short causing her to get thrown into a pole on the bus
- A man knocked down by a bus after leaving a game at Yankee Stadium
Bus Cases and Municipal Transit Agencies
Many buses in this area are owned and operated by municipal transit agencies, such as MTA Bus, New York City Transit Authority or Suffolk County bus. Cases involving municipal bus agencies require fast action and must meet special requirements set in New York State law. We understand that these public bus cases require a Notice of Claim and have special deadlines by which cases must be filed. We know that municipal bus companies can request a 50-h hearing and we work with our clients to prepare them and turn those hearings to our advantage. But we also have a detailed understanding of how the public bus companies operate.
If you have been injured in a bus accident, contact us and we will do our best to help you. Call us at 1-800-660-1466 or email us at Bus@SchlittLaw.com.